Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stay Golden, Pony Boy

Hola Fans!

That's right, I have fans now. I have over thirty (31) fans who bought my book. And! I have three solid reviews on Amazon. Sure, you might be thinking, "Really, Larry? That's what you're excited about?" I am, friend. I am. As I've mentioned previously, it's the long view that counts in the publishing game (no matter what I'm involved in - it's "The Game"- thus, "Soccer Dad Game" and "The Gin & Tonic game"). How many stories have you ingested in which someone or something started small and slowly built an empire? A shit ton. It takes years to get a college degree - I've sold 30ish books in 8 days. I like my odds.

But enough about the rise of Larry.

I'm reading a great book right now that I thought I'd hate. The book is "Sacre Bleu" by Christopher Moore. Check out Kirkus' take: An aspiring painter and unabashed romantic joins the greatest artists of the age in chasing his muse across fin de siècle–era France.

 Nice, eh? I love Christopher Moore and am heavily influenced by him - though I thought "Fool" flat out sucked. But this? This book reads like a lilting comedy told next to a gentle fire with some bourbon and a nice crocheted blanket across your lap. It has the trademark goofiness you come to expect from Moore, but there's also a historical bent to the Paris of the late 1800's and the artists of that time. The man makes Renoir funny.

Just reading it inspires me. I'm staying golden, bitches.

 

1 comment:

  1. Good writing - still trying to purchase the book to read on my Droid - hang in there -
    SW

    ReplyDelete