Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Impatient little fat man

This is me:

1. I go to the gym, therefore I should look like Mark Wahlberg.

2. I release a book and should have Stephen King numbers.

3. I eat the Paleo diet so where is my six pack?

4. I'm nice to my kids so they should obey my every command.

Right? Cause and effect, where art though, you bitch? This book thing has given me a moment or two to reflect on my insolence and impatience. I'd go on but i don't have time to explain it. Just know that trying to accumulate readers on a daily basis is much like the crap that won't come out. You can feel it, but damn it all - it's not budging. Why? Not enough "Colon Blow" cereal? Too much roughage? Letting word of mouth sink in (we're talking about the book now - not shit - though the case could be made either way - nah, fuck that - this book kicks as - none of this "woe is me" bullshit) it's a waiting game and like waiting for Eli to put his goddamned shoes on in the morning, it is at this point that patience must persevere. Right?

I'm feeling kinda anxious and for some reason am fixated on feces - which could be a great title for a colonoscopy educational film.

Bah!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, Larry. I mean, seriously how come I'm not famous, gorgeous, and a perfect parents??? WTF! Isn't willing enough.. isn't wanting enough? Or maybe.. just maybe, at some point, the tension between reality and dream is enough to make us find the means to sew the seam.
    Looking forward to your film (Fixated...)

    ReplyDelete